Friday, May 16, 2008

¡Bienvenidos a todos!


This is Pepita. She is beloved by my students- she is part of our class each and every day.

As a Spanish teacher, I am constantly looking for new ideas to use in my classroom. I have been teaching Spanish for 10 years to K-2 (14 years in total, but I started in ESL), and though one would think I have discovered all there was to do in class, new ideas keep coming. Sharing ideas with others is, in my opinion, part of being a professional. For the last several years I have been presenting workshops on teaching Spanish at the elementary level. This blog will attempt to continue that work-to share ideas, games, activities, pedogogical information, etc that are successful and allow our students to grow in their ability to learn and use Spanish.

1 comment:

Corey said...

Hola! I am new to teaching elementary Spanish. I came across your blog and I am in love with it! Thank you so much for sharing so many wonderful ideas!! I am trying to make my units more thematic, but I am struggling with themes that would be interesting for all of the kiddos. I love how you used frogs to present the colors. Would you mind sharing some of your other themes for your units? Keep the blog posts coming! They are amazing!